For you darling!

Okay, I have no idea what should I be writing about today. Seriously, Ive got nothing in my mind right now. Dont know why but Im just not in the mood of blogging these days. Probably because Mr. Schee was home last week and when he is around, its usually hard to find spare hours for social networking, blogging and other related stuff. Not that his prescence puts a spanner in my personal works but since its so rare to have him home on week days, I actually prefer pushing aside the regular chores and investing this time into more non-routinely activitites -  doing things what I cant while he is at work. Needless to mention that mental rest is on the top of all :D

Seriously, words cant describe how good the restless spirit in me feels while taking the "please-take-it-easy-lessons" from my gorgeous spouse. Somehow he makes it much easier for me to just sit around and do nothing or just pull down the blinds in the middle of the day and get some sleep without having to think about the non-ending list of tasks that keeps on bothering my nerves otherwise...Ive watched more movies in five days than all of the past year, enjoyed reading and being read to our favourite books and was able to sleep undisturbed whenever and whereever I wanted. To make it short, its been a beautifully lazy and comforting week where I was able to do a whole lot of nothing.

Since my DH had been so caring all these days, the inner cook in me literally felt seduced into pleasing him with an elaborate meal of his choice. So, here is what he got in return....







Its a tender beef steak served with fruity sauce and German pasta called Spaetzle. There is no hard and fast recipe, I just took whatever was on hand, played with the proportions, added the flavours he likes and followed a cooking method that I personally prefer for cooking beef but trust me folks, the result was spectacular. Here is an estimate of the ingredients I used:





Cooked Beef With Fruit Sauce


Ingredients:

400 g thin beef steaks
1 onion
4 cloves garlic
2 tbs oil
1 carrot
1 orange
1 glass apple juice
1/2 cup frozen or fresh red berries
fresh rosemary or thyme
salt, pepper
2 tsp tomato paste
1 tsp plain flour
1 tbs butter


Peel and slice the onion. Fry in oil for about a minute.





Add garlic cloves and meat. Fry on both side for a few minutes.



Add in the spices, herbs, half of the orange (without peel) and the carrot slices.

Tip: Adding half a teaspoon of ANY of your favourite spice mix, e.g. Italian, Maxican, Yellow Curry, Tikka Masala mix etc. gives an additional boost.




Stir and cook for two minutes on high. Pour in the apple juice and add the berries.


Bring to a boil and cover with lid. Pressure cook for about 10 minutes. Open carefully.

Remove the beef slices and sieve the liquids (if any).

Melt butter in a small sauce pan and add in the flour. After a few seconds, add in the tomato paste, stir and add the liquids.
Tip: In case no meat juice is left, add half cup apple or grape juice.




Also add juice of the remaining half orange. Adjust the seasonings and cook just until thick.

Boil pasta in salted water, toss in butter and extra salt. Wash some fresh grapes and here it is



As expected, the dish went down a storm and tasted incredible. Tender, juicy, fruity and filling.





And here is an image of the crowning glory. Its just another beautiful version of the coffee cake posted here.





Wishing you all a lovely day with your loved ones,

Comments

Popular Posts