Kindergarten blues!!!

My appologies to all the readers for the fact that I havent posted anything new lately but it has actually been a very bittersweet week for me with absolutely no time to sit down and write. But there is so much to share that I am not sure where to begin.

I have been in the role as stay-at-home mom ever since my son came into my life. Since Feb 2009, he has been my whole world and I hardly remember a day when we both were not together during these three years. As a matter of fact, he has been my sidekick, my best companion, best buddy since then.

Now dont think that I am trying to convince you to plan a baby neither am I in the mood of sharing my views on how wonderful and joyous motherhood is. In all honesty, despite all its rosy aspects, motherhood for me was attimes very testing and exhausting as well. Like all other mothers out there, I too have experienced those emotional seasons when you really want to quit and want to free yourself from all responsibilities of motherhood but then, at the same time, even the thought of having a life without those little monsters in it gives you jitters:)

In short, I had always assumed myself to be a very rational and sensible mother but that watching my little man going off to kindergarten for the first time will be so difficult, was something I wasnt expecting from myself.

Yes, my baby is now a kindergarten boy and believe me people, I just cant let on how miserable I am feeling over this. I think Im getting too emotional. On one hand, so proud and happy to see him achieving an important milestone of his life, at the same time, it was too weird to watch my little birdie taking his first steps out of the cosy nest and going out into the big world on Monday. 

Anyways, Im trying to adjust myself into the new routine now and quite looking forward to having this emotional phase over
but since there is enough to focus on these days, not much cooking is happening in the kitchen. The house looks so empty and quiet without him and that literally makes me miss my cooking and blogging buddy. The whole week long, weve mainly survived on quick and easy meals. This, however, doesnt mean that there had been compromises on the taste as well. I have a few recipes for fast and filling meals in my pocket that I usually reserve for phases like these.








Since its one of my self-created, highly flexible recipes, I have actually never measured the ingredients, but they should be close to following numbers:


Pasta Basta
Ingredients:

250 -300 g (al-dente) boiled pasta (Sciviotti ziti)
500 g boneless chicken
250 g canned tomatoes
1 tbs pizza spices / dried italian herbs
1 tsp garlic paste
2 tbs chili garlic sauce
1 tbs tomato paste
2 tbs fresh cream
salt n pepper
3 tbs oil
Red chili flakes (optional)


Heat oil in a pan, add the chicken and fry for a while. Add in garlic. Fry for another few minutes. Now add all the sauces as well as canned tomatoes to this. Season with salt, pepper and herbs. When the water has almost evaporated, add in the cream as well as the chili flakes. Also add in the boiled pasta and toss gently. Ta daaa!!!








Comments

  1. This is the very same phase every mother go through...We have done this past and I could now feel how my mom...I know you overcame this...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts